The logo used by Boehringer Ingelheim today is a stylised depiction of the central section of the imperial palace of Charlemagne. The King of the Franks, who was later crowned emperor, stayed in Ingelheim in the late 8th century, probably around the year 774.
The logo of Boehringer Ingelheim for the 21st century.
History of the logo (1893 - 1997):
Boehringer Ingelheim’s first company logo.
The intertwined letters CHBS stand for C.H. (Christoph Heinrich) Boehringer Sohn.
For the first time, the company logo displays a stylised motif of the imperial palace of Ingelheim.
This is the first logo to incorporate the central section of the imperial palace.
The new company logo also includes the name Boehringer.