Our CNS diseases partnering focus
We are looking for in-licensing and collaboration opportunities in the field of neuropsychiatric diseases, with a specific interest in novel approaches which modulate signaling pathways involved in synaptic dysfunction and/or maladaptive brain circuitry as the root causes of various neuropsychiatric symptom domains in disorders such as:
- Alzheimer’s disease: Focus on cognitive impairment and other neuropsychiatric symptoms
- Schizophrenia: Focus on cognitive impairment and negative symptoms
- Depression: Focus on treatment-resistant depression
- Impulse control disorders.
In all these areas, we are looking for compounds and concepts at all stages from early drug discovery to Phase II/clinical proof of concept.
Compound-related licensing packages should ideally include data on the PK-PD relationship, target engagement in vivo, and translational pharmacodynamic biomarkers.
In addition to drug-based therapeutic approaches, we are interested in complementary non-drug approaches such as cognitive remediation or other offerings “beyond the pill”.
Within our areas of partnering focus, our specific research interests include
- Novel targets for modulation of glutamatergic pathways and GABAergic interneurons as well as mechanisms of synaptic plasticity
- Association of symptoms with maladaptive brain circuitry in the following domains:
- Negative valence
- Maladaptive social functioning (social interaction)
For more information about partnering opportunities in CNS diseases please contact:
Klaus D. Mendla, PhD
Global Head, BD & Licensing CNS
Phone: +49 7351 547769
Laura Corradini, PhD
Deputy Global Head, BD & Licensing CNS
Phone: +49 7351 545684